Left Background
In the Spotlight

Monday, February 6, 2012

Carrie Smith - winner of the Student Success Survey drawing

Carrie Smith, 6th quarter student in the Interior Design program won the random drawing for a $100 bookstore gift certificate.

Early last month, the College announced a student success survey. Students who participated, would be entered to win a random drawing for the bookstore prize.

Congratulations to Carrie.

Q & A with Carrie Smith:

Q: Why did you choose Clover Park Technical College and the Interior Design program?
A: I did some research on design schools and Clover Park was the most cost effective option. The Interior Design program provides a great learning experience.

Q: What did you do before coming to Clover Park?
A: I was a stay-at-home mom for 13 years, then I became a mortgage underwriter before the real estate market collapsed. I really wanted to go back to work - needed something more stimulating than laundry.

Q: Why Interior Design?
A: I consider myself a creative person and could see myself in this field.

Q: Anything else?
A: I consider myself a very technical person and I want to learn. Right now I'm in my Sixth Quarter and I already have a job. Getting the real world experience is critical to building a successful career.
Right Background